Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Network Troubles (continued)

Sheesh! I thought I had this fixed, but apparently not. Laptop still goes fubar after and hour or so of Internet connectivity.

So I started shutting off stuff. Like TeaTimer. Yeah, I know it's a pain in the a$$ but it's saved my bacon really good twice so I'll trade some residual slowness for the protection. But TeaTimer doesn't appear to have been the cause of the problem.

Next shut down, the firewall. It hasn't nagged me to update it in a while and that's probably a strong argument for it not functioning correctly. Once it was turned off, things seemed better so I grabbed a recent installation package from the web and did a fresh install. So far the laptop's been running with no connectivity issues for about four hours straight.

No comments: