Sunday, April 11, 2010

Someone say network troubles?

You know, after working on computer equipment all day long, the last thing I want to do when I come home at night is troubleshoot my home equipment. So it's been a majorly crappy thing that the wireless part of my home network has been effed up.

At first I thought it was the wireless adapter on my laptop but I took it to work and it operates just fine on work wireless. My nephew was complaining of connectivity issues before he left for the Air Force, but quite frankly I didn't give a $hit if he could connect or not (long story).

The other wireless user in the house has an adapter matched to the router so no connectivity problems there and if I drag my laptop upstairs and plug in an ethernet cable, we fly.

I've disabled/enabled the adapter, without and with reboots. I've run every ipconfig release/renew/flush/register both via Windows and from the command line. Nothing. Deleted the adapter-reinstalled it. Zip. No Internet.

About the only thing about the router that isn't factory default is the IP Address schema which I had to change because of a VPN conflict with my work network. So today I shut down all the computers but for one cabled connection and set the router back to factory default. Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! I am posting this via wireless from my deck.

My world is complete.

No comments: