Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So THAT'S how it works...

I can tell by the number of comments I've gotten that you're all dying to know how things are going at work...

Well, we have a new department head and he seems to have his head located someplace other than his nether regions so it's a good thing. He's very good at acting as a buffer between the tech staff and the incompetence that we've dealt with in the past.

Personally I'm doing wonderful since I embraced the idea that good is good enough. No need to strive for perfection. Of course my good is way better than anybody else's best... And if that's not good enough for the company, I got three job offers out of the three resumes I sent out so I know I am employable.

I've had to interact with one of the most difficult people in the company twice over the past week and not only have we both gotten something out of the exchanges, it was actually pleasant!

I've taken on two side jobs over the past month, one of which I am starting to regret. It's a big job as in I'll get enough money from it that I'll end up declaring it on my taxes, but it's starting to look like this is going to be a high maintenance user situation and I don't know that I have the time to devote to a high maintenance customer...

No comments: