Friday, October 5, 2007

There's a new sheriff in town...

...and I think we think alike. Work may get immeasurably better over the next month. If not, I have a line on something on the other side of town. Less hours, more pay, better benefits. Oh, but that extra 10 minute commute is a big minus.

Went to the 'ville to see RSLC's gig at Rusty's Outback. Never been there. Not too bad. Outdoors, nice summer-like night. Place didn't get packed until about half-way through the first set. Russell looked good. He's lost a little weight...maybe he can afford to eat less now that music is a full time job and that was a major cut in pay. Or maybe his girlfriend keeps him well exercised. Whatever, the band sounded good and I know how much a comfort it is to play for a hometown audience filled with personal friends so they had a good time. So did I in spite of the fact that I got stood up by my co-workers again. Too bad, I was buying...

No comments: