Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

To everyone who reads this and the millions more that don't, Happy Thanksgiving day.


We had all the traditional ingredients for an American Thanksgiving meal, but the recipes were decidedly non-traditional. The Turkey was roasted in the oven (as usual, none of the deep frying $hit for us) but the stuffing was some decadent thing with bacon and pine nuts. Divine, I tell you. The green beans were stir-fried on the stove top with mushrooms and fresh thyme from our garden. The crescent rolls were rubbed with fresh rosemary from our garden and the cranberries were picked from out bog just two days ago---just kidding about the cranberries but anyone who's seen my pond would probably believe it.


I finally got out into the garden and planted the last few plants I should have planted last spring. I then promptly covered them up with mulch. And that means the mulch pile at the top of the driveway is no more. It's finally where it belongs. What motivated me besides the fact that it needed to be done? We have company coming tomorrow. I should have company come at least once a month to guarantee that I take care of the projects that are currently languishing around my house.

No comments: