Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lights! Camera! Action!

You know, a four-day weekend has got to be the only time I've got to make time to watch movies. Regular weekends are just too short and packed full of 'round-the-house shit that I have no time to do when I'm working a full-time job during the week.

So in addition to the movies mentioned yesterday, today I watched 27 Dresses, which I loved, and Charlie Bartlett, which I really, really loved. Dresses was full of pretty women and horrid fashion (I love horrid fashion). Charlie Bartlett was so what high school was like for me.

Why is it that we're so fascinated with reliving the high school years? OK, maybe it's just me that's fascinated by that... Do I think I'd do it better if I had a second time around? There's so much about it that I wouldn't change that it makes me wonder if the few things I would change would have changed the things I wouldn't change. Do you follow me?

Once I found my niche, high school was pretty easy but there were a couple of horrific spots that I won't dwell on here. Let's just say that on the years I do attend my HS reunion, it's more a "Fuck you, assholes. I survived you." occasion rather than an "OMG! It's so great to see you." event. Plus it's real fun to see the looks on girls faces when I tell them that ...yes, I really was looking at them in the shower...

No comments: