Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekends were made for Michelob

Not really. At least not for me. Weekends were made for laundry, dishes, and vacuuming (the ten pounds of kitty litter that's no longer in the litter box).


Also for working on a friend's laptop. It's a puzzling, recurring problem. The wireless adapter stops "seeing" available networks. I don't know why. There is nothing in the logs to show that there is a problem with the adapter. I've disabled and enabled it. I've un-installed it and re-installed it. I've done system restores, and even backed up everything and re-installed the OS (Windows XP). The only thing that's worked immediately is the OS re-install but I for shit sure don't want to have to be doing that every three months! The last time he brought it to me with this problem I basically just left it alone running in my office for a week while I ran different diagnostic tools on it and it just suddenly started working again on its own. Hate this.


Weekends are also made for dinner and a movie with friends. My best is in town for a change so she threw a pot roast in the crock pot and we had dinner and watched a DVD-Tropic Thunder. Funniest f-ing movie I've seen in a long ass time.


And this from the Known Issues blog at Blogger:


Users that have requested an Unlock Review for their blog are experiencing a longer wait time than usual. We are working to review these blogs as quickly as possible.

No comments: