Thursday, May 17, 2007

AA...again

Gosh, I just can't seem to skip those pesky meetings, can I. Especially the ones where I've made commitments. Wednesday I'm the secretary and for May I'm the clean-up detail. I would rather hang after the meeting than have to get there early so if at all possible, I sign up for clean-up rather than set-up or Greeter. Still I do occasionally function in those other roles. I presented the flyer I've made for our annual picnic meeting, a masterpiece if I do say so myself. Then I did something really stupid. I agreed to speak at a meeting. It's someone else's annual picnic meeting and it's out at the lake, which means it's probably going to be big. Not just one group like I'm used to, but all the groups that meet at that particular location throughout the week. I can't believe I'm saying yes to this. I haven't done any public speaking since I got my new teeth. But it's rude to say "no" to an AA request so I suck it up and will do it. Maybe this time I can get through it without notes. I should be able to do that. It is, after all, my life.

When I got home I realized it was time to update WIIW and I hadn't done any prep work beyond getting the new puzzle ready so that took up the remainder of the evening and that's what the hell happened last night.

No comments: