Friday, May 4, 2007

Dinner at Harry's

Harry's Uptown is the high end restaurant in Manhattan, Kansas. I've always loved going there and by the standards of where I used to live (Los Angeles), Harry's is not that expensive. I'm not sure why we don't go there more often. Probably because the last thing we want to do after getting home from work is drive all the way back into town (a trip of what, 13 minutes?) to have dinner out. Amazing that we used to drive an hour and a half to visit insert-name-of-popular-restaurant-here yet we've become so Kansas that driving more than 5 minutes to get to anything seems like an outrageous amount of time.

But I digress. What the hell happened last night is that my best friend and I went out to dinner at Harry's. We were wild, we were decadent, we were starving. She started with the lobster salad while I chose the smoked chicken pizza. Her prime rib was medium, mine was as rare as possible. She finished with the home-made chocolate-chip cheesecake while I had some trendy looking thing of mascarpone cheese with a vaguely unpleasant tasting cookie sticking up out of it like a remnant of the WTC towers, all of it drenched with under-ripened raspberries.

No comments: