Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Still think it's an ulcer

So the doc and I went over all my notes from the weekend. I kept track of what I ate and when. What meds I took and when I stopped the one that I thought was hurting more than helping. What made me feel better; what made me feel worse.

He still thinks it's an ulcer, but it may be a biggun. The mother of all ulcers. He agreed that two of my complaints may have been a result of too high a dose of the p*r*e*v*a*c*i*d so he cut that in half and threw a new med into the mixture. He's also going to schedule me for an endoscopic exam. If it is a big ulcer, it's going to increase the healing time and we need to know that. If it's not an ulcer, we need to know that too so we can move on to a more appropriate treatment. He mentioned hernia and of course, the C word as other possibilities.

Last night I was able to sleep all night in my bed, only waking up once at 12:30 to swig some Pepto, but then I was awake again at 3:30 for good. I call that an improvement.

No comments: